Base logistician/Procurement officer Intern
|Base||Lilongwe, Salima, Mangochi|
|Esperienza richiesta||0-3 years|
|Data pubblicazione||11 gennaio 2017|
|Inizio della collaborazione||06 febbraio 2017|
|Termine per le candidature||23 gennaio 2017|
COOPI – Cooperazione Internazionale is a secular and independent Italian nongovernmental organization (NGO) that was founded in 1965. It is currently present in 23 countries across Africa, Latin America and Middle East, where it carries out 200 emergency and development projects and 28 child sponsorship projects. COOPI devotes 94% of the funds it raises to the fight against poverty and the promotion of human rights. Its major donors are and have been the European Commission (of which it is one of the main European partners), the World Food Program, UNICEF, the World Bank, USAID, UKAID, Irish AID, the Norwegian Embassy, DFID, ECHO, The Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, UNHCR, UNHABITAT, WHO and FAO. COOPI also receives support from public bodies, foundations, enterprises, private citizens (over 20,000) and volunteers. Thanks to the professionalism and the commitment of 129 humanitarian collaborators and more than 4,500 local collaborators, in 2014 COOPI reaches 5 million beneficiaries.
COOPI is currently implementing several projects in the Districts of Salima and Mangochi, mainly in the areas of Disaster Risk Reduction, Disaster Preparedness, Emergency&Relief, Resilience, Climate Change, Food Security, Agriculture and Irrigation.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Fleet management
- To contribute ensuring daily checkups of vehicle fleet (cars and motorbikes).
- To contribute ensuring proper monitoring of fuel consumption and miles covered, submitting fuel report to HoM beginning of each month.
- To ensure sound use of vehicle fleet by staff.
- To ensure timely maintenance of vehicle fleet.
- Transport and distribution
- To contribute ensuring that delivery of different goods and supplies to the organizations catchment areas is correctly done, using delivery notes to keep tracks of delivered items.
- Inventory/warehouse management
- To support managing the inventory of fixed assets and maintaining it.
- To support managing the warehouses at the bases level
- To contribute preparing procurement plans.
- To respect COOPI Procurement regulations and donors rules.
- To contribute ensuring proper drafting of quotation request, bid analysis, purchase order etc.
- To contribute ensuring proper drafting of quotation requests.
- To contribute to correctly filing procurement documents ((Request for quotations, quotations, LPOs, Invoices, receipts, delivery notes etc)
- To contribute producing suppliers contracts.
- To contribute maintaining List of Prequalified suppliers and periodically updating it.
- Administration and staff management
- To follow-up, support and contribute to evaluate logistic and procurement staff in the different bases (Lilongwe, Salima and Mangochi)
- To support on-going training of the logistic and procurement staff in the different bases.
- Fluency in English
- Good knowledge of current software
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills
- Goal oriented organization, sense of improvement, creativity, initiative
- Ability to work under pressure and autonomously
- Previous experience/background in logistics will be an asset