|Base||El Fasher with missions to Khartoum|
|Esperienza richiesta||minimum 3 years|
|Data pubblicazione||17 gennaio 2018|
|Inizio della collaborazione||16 aprile 2018|
|Termine per le candidature||05 marzo 2018|
COOPI is an international non-governmental, private, apolitical, non-religious and non-profit organization. created in 1965. Founded in Milan in 1965 by Vincenzo Barbieri. Its goal is to assist populations hit by emergency in favouring their civil, economic and social development.
COOPI in Sudan
COOPI has been present in Sudan since 2004. The recent history of Sudan is marked by strong disorders and violence, expressions of a civil war that on several occasions has shaken the country since its independence. COOPI’s interventions focused in the Darfur region that for a long time has been the scene of armed clashes and particularly hit by periods of severe drought. To allow the management of these activities and to ensure access to basic services for the population, different interventions were carried out, in the field of water-hygiene and food security both on humanitarian and development perspective.
KEY RESPONSBILITIES AND ROLES
- Ensure compliance with financial and other requirements set by the Donors and COOPI internal financial and administrative procedures.
- Monitor cash flows and supervise petty cash handling.
- Ensure proper administration for outstanding debtors and creditors, follow-up overdue and signal potential problems in timely manner.
- Produce monthly cash and bank reconciliation statements.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and yearly projects’ financial reports
- Control and assure compliance of program expenditures with program budgets.
- Prepare payment vouchers and verify supporting documents for project and administrative expenditure. Ensure classification of all financial information and documents in accordance with the projects and respective budget lines.
- Ensure appropriate filing system of financial documentation is in place, accurate and updated.
- Provide timely and systematic monitoring of program expenditures as well as timely budget program forecasts.
- Prepare, on a monthly basis, financial reports and/or requests to be sent to COOPI Milan HQs.
- Supervise and manage program staff: supervise preparation of contracts for personnel staff. Manage contracts of local and international staff and supervise administration staff.
- Application of mechanisms relative to any on the job training of personnel working on the project.
- Coordinate and supervise overall human resources policy implementation, included Labour Law application, recruitment and that staff salaries are effectively paid to eligible staff and an audit trail of records is maintained.
- Monitor the Country’s Security. Implement the security measure in accordance with the COOPI guidelines and with the Head of Mission.
- Supervise preparation of lease contracts, contracts with suppliers and any other contract issued by the program. Ensure that contractual commitments are accurately tracked.
- Supervise appropriateness and updating of all procurement documentation at the various steps of the procurement process. Ensure budget availability of expenditures and that appropriate authorizations are in place
- Ensure that taxes are timely remitted to relevant authorities.
- Bring-up date the stock inventory.
- University degree in social sciences, business or technical sciences.
- A minimum of three years of relevant working experience.
- Experience in international relief and development in African countries in a similar position
- Experience in logistics, procurement and security matters is a strong advantage.
- Previous work experience in Sudan is a plus.
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication, negotiation skills, multi-tasking and organizational skills.
- Proven capacity to work in a team is essential. Experience in managing staff is an advantage.
- Experience in liaising with governmental/local authorities, IOs and NGOs.
- Demonstrated ability to work in stressful environments and under pressure.
- Experience in working in conflict-prone environments a plus.
- Fluency in English language.
- Computer literate.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.