|Esperienza richiesta||minimum 5 years|
|Data pubblicazione||28 novembre 2017|
|Inizio della collaborazione||29 gennaio 2018|
|Termine per le candidature||22 gennaio 2018|
COOPI Cooperazione Internazionale is an Italian humanitarian non-governmental organization founded in Milan in 1965. COOPI aims to help the world’s poorest to improve their access to healthcare, food, and financial security, and to overcome their special vulnerability to wars, civil conflicts and natural disasters. For 50 years of long-term support and constant presence in the field, COOPI has been engaged in breaking the cycle of poverty and responding to specific emergencies in numerous sectors, including Food Security, Humanitarian Aid, Health, Socio-Economical Services, Water and Sanitation, Human Rights, Education and Training, Migrations and Sustainable Energy.
With more than 3,900 humanitarian workers employed, and an average of 180 projects per year across 25 countries throughout Africa, Latin America and the Middle East, COOPI is the biggest Italian NGO. During its 50 years of activity, COOPI has successfully completed over 1,600 projects in 63 countries, involving 55.000 local operators and ensuring direct benefits to approximately 100 Million people.
COOPI in Nigeria
COOPI started its operations in North-East Nigeria in July 2014 to carry out a rapid evaluation of the most relevant constraints suffered by the Internally Displaced People (IDPs) displaced by the food crisis and the Boko Haram insurgency in the Lake Chad Basin.
COOPI’s aim is to support the most basic and pressing needs of communities affected by the conflict. COOPI is providing a multi-sectoral emergency response to the IDPs, returnees and host population focused on food security, nutrition, protection and education. COOPI main area of intervention is Yobe State but we are also present in Borno.
Scope of the Vacancy
The HR support is responsible to set up and review COOPI Nigeria tools and regulations for HR management.
Main Duties / Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of the Head of Mission and in link with the Country Administrator, he/she:
- Review the internal HR regulation according to the law
- Guarantee the coherence of the organization of work and define the remuneration policy
- Review the internal salary grid after having conducted a benchmark within the main INGO working in our same area of intervention.
- Support the administrative team and HR officer in setting up the necessary tools for HR management.
- Support the definition and implementation of administrative procedures that ensure compliance with social legislation and donors rules
Profile of the Candidate (Education, Training, Competences, Skills)
- Master’s degree in Human Resource
- At least 5 years of working experience on HR area with experience within INGO
- Proven interest & commitment to humanitarian and development principles and a demonstrable understanding of conflict/post conflict development contexts
- Experience in data collection, analysis, and report writing
- Excellent in English (oral and written)
- Experience in designing and conducting training and set up tools management
- Ability to plan, organize work, communicate and reports effectively (both in writing and verbally)
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- Team player, effective communicator, successful negotiator, creative and analytical thinker, active learner, able to work in a multicultural environment
- Proven commitment to accountability practices
- Ability to function effectively under stressful conditions such as heavy workloads, and deadlines.
- Excellent Microsoft Office applications skills (Excel, Word, Power point, Emails, Skype, Web researchers)
- Knowledge of and adherence to COOPI Code of Conduct, understands other international development guidelines
Due to security reasons, this is a non-family duty station.