|Esperienza richiesta||min. 5 years|
|Data pubblicazione||04 maggio 2017|
|Inizio della collaborazione||18 settembre 2017|
|Termine per le candidature||11 settembre 2017|
Please note: this vacancy is submitted to Donors approval
COOPI Cooperazione Internazionale is a humanitarian, non-confessional and independent organization founded in 1965 in Milan, Italy. For more than 50 years we have been dedicated to breaking the cycle of poverty and to supporting populations affected by wars, socio-economic crises or natural disasters in their path to recovery and sustainable development, by making use of the professionalism of local and international operators, and through our partnerships with public and private bodies and civil society organizations.
COOPI has been present in Sudan since 2004. The recent history of Sudan is marked by strong disorders and violence, expressions of a civil war that on several occasions has shaken the country since its independence. COOPI’s interventions focused in the Darfur region that for a long time has been the scene of armed clashes and particularly hit by periods of severe drought. To allow the management of these activities and to ensure access to basic services for the population, different interventions were carried out, in the field of water-hygiene and food security both on humanitarian and development perspective.
COOPI is now looking for Project Managers in order to strengthen COOPI presence in the country and, in particular, to implement new projects in the field of WaSH, Environment and Climate Change.
Position: Project Manager (multiple)
Refers to: Head of Mission
Duty station: El Fasher (Darfur) with occasional missions to Khartoum head office
Field of intervention: Foodsec, Livelihood, DRR, Environment and Climate Change
Donors: EU, ECHO
The Project Manager is responsible for the overall development, management and quality of the project.
- Referring to the Head of Mission, he/she coordinates and directly supervises projects, guaranteeing their correct implementation in conformity with contractual obligations and donors’ procedures, and in line with the COOPI’s procedures and management standards.
- He/she is responsible for the preparation of projects’ reports and all monitoring documents requested by coordination department.
- He/she identifies and supervises the financial and economic commitment required for the project implementation.
- He/she is responsible for the local staff management and training, in his/her area/sector of competence, in close cooperation with the relative functions at Country Coordination level, whose indications he/she follows. He/she participates to the staff evaluation, together with the Area Coordinator or Head of Mission.
- He/she guarantees ordinary contacts with operational and institutional interlocutors involved in the implementation of the project.
- He/she ensures good visibility of the projects’ overall goals, policies and envisaged and/or results achieved as per COOPI and donor communication policies.
- He/she coordinates the elaboration, writing, and necessary documents preparation for presenting new projects, referring to the Head of Mission and project development team.
- Ensure the respect of COOPI’s Code of Conduct, confidentiality and humanitarian principles within the relevant sector team.
- Represent COOPI in related working groups and other meetings with national, local and international actors in the assigned geographical area.
- Organize regular field/onsite visits to ensure technical support to the staff and proper monitoring of the activities’ implementation.
- Any other duties as agreed with the Head of Mission.
- At least 5 years of relevant field experience in humanitarian or early recovery programs
- Proven expertise in WaSH, Environment and Climate Change project implementation and management
- Previous experience in the MENA region is an asset
- Sound knowledge of international donors procedures, in particular EU/ECHO
- Experience with cash activities is an asset
- Excellent reporting writing skills
- Able to manage a high workload and meet tight deadlines
- Strong staff management skills (in remote experience is an asset)
- Experience in running a project in a post-conflict situation is an asset
- Strong analytical skills and strategic thinking capacity
- English mandatory (excellent level written and spoken)
- Adequate resilience to stress, positive thinking and solution-oriented
- Familiarity with the Darfur context is an advantage
- Team player and with a good sense of humor