|Base||Home based –Europe|
|Durata||1 year, starting from January 2018|
|Esperienza richiesta||Minimum 8 years (of which at least 5 years in the field)|
|Data pubblicazione||08 novembre 2017|
|Inizio della collaborazione||29 gennaio 2018|
|Termine per le candidature||22 gennaio 2018|
COOPI Cooperazione Internazionale, is a humanitarian, non-confessional and independent organization founded in 1965 in Milan, Italy. For more than 50 years we have been dedicated to breaking the cycle of poverty and to supporting populations affected by wars, socio-economic crises or natural disasters in their path to recovery and sustainable development, by making use of the professionalism of local and international operators, and through our partnerships with public and private bodies and civil society organizations.
Within the Program Quality & Innovation office -that has a function dedicated to providing technical support to programs/field offices- COOPI is looking for a Protection Advisor that will be in charge of providing support and developing the activities on Protection. The assignment is meant as part-time. Workload estimated will cover about 3 months over one year length of duration of the assignment. The person selected should be available to carry out two to three short -term field missions per year (max three weeks-lenght).
Ensure support on the protection programs that COOPI implements in the various countries. Notably, key areas of activity will encompass:
1- technical revision of project proposals;
2- providing internal training on the COOPI’s Standard Operating Procedures on protection;
3- providing support to field offices/HQ staff in monitoring the protection programs;
4- providing technical guidance to program managers upon request;
5- providing guidance and inputs to the Head of PQ&I Office on innovative practices/new approaches and tools that could be utilized/implemented by the organization within the protection programs.
Direct supervisor / Reports to: Head of Program Quality & Innovation Office (COOPI HQ)
- University degree in Law, International Law, political Sciences or related field with good knowledge of International Human Rights and Protection issues
- Minimum 8 years relevant professional experience (of which at least 5 years in the field), on the protection of human rights, protection of refugees/IDPs and other type of people in need of protection (in particular GBV survivors, children associated to fighting forces etc.)
- Working knowledge of English and French (essential)
- Knowledge of Italian would be an asset
- Previous experience in IDPs/Refugees operations or in carrying out programs directed to GBV survivors and children associated to fighting forces would be an asset.
- Previous experience in writing project proposals for international donors (ECHO, UNHCR, USAID etc.)
- Knowledge of International Protection standards and tools
Personal skills: Good analytical skills, Capacity to interact with different actors (internal /external) at various levels, Capacity to work under stress, ability to communicate effectively, results based approach
Duration of the assignment
Period: one year starting from January 2018
Interested candidates should submit their CV and cover letter in English or in French.
Please note that only short-listed candidates with strong adherence to the requirements will be contacted.