COOPI – COOPERAZIONE INTERNAZIONALE has received a grant from the European Commission Humanitarian Office (ECHO) for the implementation of the humanitarian Action entitled “Sustainable energy technologies for food utilization (SET4food)” and intends to apply a portion of that grant to payments under this contract. No party other than COOPI shall derive any rights from the grant or have any claim to its proceeds. Under no circumstances or for no reason whatsoever will ECHO entertain any request for indemnity or payment directly submitted by the COOPI’s contractors.”
- Publication reference
Sustainable energy technologies for food utilization (SET4food)
- Contracting authority
COOPI – COOPERAZIONE INTERNAZIONALE is an Italian Non Governmental Organisation aiming at contributing, through the commitment, motivation, determination and professionalism of its people, to poverty reduction and to the growth of the communities around the world with which it cooperates, by intervening in emergency situations, reconstruction and development, to achieve more balanced “North-South” relations between developed and depressed areas or developing countries
- Description of the contract
In the framework of the SET4food program, COOPI – COOPERAZIONE INTERNAZIONALE will implement a pilot project in Koura and Batroun districts, North Lebanon, whose main goal is testing a number of energy technologies for food preparation and storage in already identified informal settlements of Syrian refugees. Given that, the object of the contract is represented by the above mentioned energy technologies, whose description is included in the tender dossier (for any further detail, please refer to the paragraph 1.1 “tasks to be executed”).
- Exclusion Clauses
COOPI – COOPERAZIONE INTERNAZIONALE will exclude from participation in the tender procedure candidates or tenderers falling into any of the following cases:
- a) They are bankrupt or being wound up, are having their affairs administered by the courts, have entered into an arrangement with creditors, have suspended business activities, are the subject of proceedings concerning those matters,
- b) They have been convicted of an offence concerning their professional conduct by a judgement that has the force of res judicata;
- c) They have been guilty of grave professional misconduct proven by any means that COOPI – COOPERAZIONE INTERNAZIONALE can justify;
- d) They have not fulfilled obligations relating to the payment of social security contributions or the payment of taxes in accordance with the legal provisions of the country in which they are established or with those of the country of COOPI – COOPERAZIONE INTERNAZIONALE or those of the country where the contract is to be performed;
- e) They have been the subject of a judgement that has the force of res judicata for fraud, corruption, involvement in a criminal organisation or any other illegal activity;
- f) Following another procurement procedure or grant award procedure, they have been declared to be in serious breach of contract for failure to comply with their contractual obligations. Candidates or tenderers must certify by any relevant means that they are not in one of the situations listed above.
- Period of execution
— Time of delivery: 2 weeks after the signature of the contract
— Place of delivery: Koura and Batroun District
- Selection and award criteria
The tender commission will not necessarily choose on the basis of lowest price alone but will award the contract on the basis of value for money, price, quality, compliance with international norms, delay for delivery. The experience of the tenderer in the performance of similar contracts will be as well a criterion for selection.
- How to obtain the tender dossier
The tender dossier is available from COOPI – COOPERAZIONE INTERNAZIONALE Kfaraabida main street, Bakhos Al Feghali Building, first floor and on COOPI – COOPERAZIONE INTERNAZIONALE website (www.coopi.org). Tenders must be submitted using the standard tender form included in the tender dossier, whose format and instructions must be strictly observed. Tenderers with questions regarding this tender should send them in writing to:
firstname.lastname@example.org or COOPI, Kfaraabida main street, Bakhos Al Feghali Building, first floor
- Deadline for submission of tenders
— Time: 12.00 local time.
— Date: 02/03/2015
Any tender received after this deadline will not be considered.
Download the ECHO Tender Dossier (.pdf, 567KB).