COOPI is looking for a FSL Program Manager in Syria
COOPI has been active with its humanitarian action in Syria (Damascus) since 2016 and it’s currently implementing the following programs: Food Security and Livelihood, WASH and Protection in South and North Syria and funded by different donors (UNHCR, OCHA and AICS).
FSL Program Manager (FSL PM) provides leadership and strategic direction of COOPI’s Food Security and Livelihood program in Syria. The resource is responsible for the implementation and development of the country FSL programme in line with COOPI’s organisational and country strategy, policies and procedures.
FSL PM is responsible and directly manages FSL projects and supervises implementation of other FSL projects, as well as provides technical supervision on FSL component of multi sectoral projects.
FSL PM line manages and supervises the FSL Project Manager and Project Officers related to the projects.
Coordinates, develops and supervises Food Security and Livelihood program strategy and implementation:
- Leading the design, development and update of the FSL program strategy under supervision of the Country Representative and in coordination with the project managers;
- Ensuring COOPI’s interventions in Syria are in compliance with COOPI and FSL and Cash Programming Sector principles, standards and global guidelines;
- Developing and maintaining relationships with relevant stakeholders and representing COOPI at relevant meetings (e.g. meetings with local partner, sector-coordination etc.) in order to facilitate and ensure cooperation and partnerships;
- Ensuring information-sharing with donors, Sectors and Local partner;
- Contributing to the identification of potential funding opportunities, being responsible of proposals writing and supporting the project team for proposals writing to address the identified needs;
- Leading and coordinating program assessments;
- Coordinates the overall implementation and development of the FSL program;
- Ensuring objectives and that results are met within the required time frame and budget and according to COOPI and donors’ procedures;
- Ensuring and supervising the overall planning and follow-up of technical reporting for donors, authorities and internal requirements in coordination with the support departments;
- Ensuring synergy between Program and Support Office;
- Ensuring the implementation of recommendations resulting from internal audit, experts’ field visits, HQ advisors etc.;
- Piloting the internal quality control, by promoting monitoring mechanisms, facilitating internal control and external evaluations.
Implements Food Security and Livelihood Program
- Will directly manage FSL funded project in Syria, supervise FSL projects and FSL component in other multi sectoral projects;
- Activity planning and management in compliance with the contracts signed with the donors and with COOPI and the donor’s procedures;
- Administrative and financial management and regularly monitoring of expenditures;
- Supervising accounting and the project cash safe/bank account management;
- Ensuring that the organization and donor’s procedures are respected when purchasing goods and services;
- Ensuring the preparation, in compliance with the deadlines, of all financial and narrative reports;
- Is responsible for the preparation of all formal communication and contract modifications requests (ex. budget modification) of the projects;
- Is responsible for the initial and continuous training of the local staff under responsibility;
- Is responsible of the correct management of all goods purchased for the projects, both directly and purchased by other offices/field offices. For all goods purchased by the project;
- Updating the inventory, in cooperation with the Administrative staff;
- Writing and preparing all necessary documents to present new projects, in accordance with the organization’s processes and procedures, to new and current donors.
Education / Experience
- Advanced degree in Social or Economics or Agronomy subjects or equivalent field work experience;
- Five years' experience in the humanitarian field as FSL project or programme manager or in a similar position;
- Demonstrated experience in FSL and related field in fragile context, including assistance to IDPs, refugees and returnee's;
- Experience of working within an insecure environment with responsibility for security planning, monitoring and management;
- Experience in remote management of team;
- Proficiency in written and spoken English;
- Arabic knowledge is a plus;
- Computer literacy, with high proficiency in the use of standard office software applications (e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint);
- Previous experience in similar contexts is an asset.
- Very good inter-personal and writing communication skills;
- Problem-solving ability and ability to organize work efficiently and deliver assignments in a timely manner often under time constraints;
- Strong supervisory abilities, and demonstrated capacity of teamwork and of coordination with the relevant actors.
We reserve the right to close the vacancy prior to the application closing date, once a sufficient number of applications have been received.
Please note that only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Interviews will be conducted on rolling basis and the vacancy will be closed when filled, thanks for understanding.
Cooperazione Internazionale (COOPI) is an Italian humanitarian non-governmental organization founded in Milan in 1965. COOPI aims to help the world’s poorest to improve their access to healthcare, food, and financial security, and to overcome their special vulnerability to wars, civil conflicts and natural disasters. For more than 50 years of long-term support and constant presence in the field, COOPI has been engaged in breaking the cycle of poverty and responding to specific emergencies in numerous sectors, including Food Security, Humanitarian Aid, Health, Socio-Economical Services, Water and Sanitation, Human Rights, Education and Training, Migrations and Sustainable Energy.