COOPI is looking for a Regional Coordinator in Eastern Africa for its office in Nairobi
Regional Coordinator is responsible for all the activities of the Regional Coordination from a strategic management point of view, economic results and resources deployed in the area, both human and otherwise. Further, the collaborator represents the Organization in the relevant countries in dealings with Institutions, donors, Organizations and counterparts and deals with the strategy of the area of its competence and future activities in the area. The employee identifies, together with the Country Coordinators, project activities with the respective donors. Eventually, the person ensures in the countries of responsibility, in coordination with the Operations and Processes Manager, the application and control of the Organization's procedures and internal regulations and compliance with the procedures specified by the donors.
- Develops and promotes relations with the Country Coordinators of the various institutions and donors present in the geographical area of responsibility and with international NGOs, in coordination with the CEO;
Strategy and Planning
- Coordinates and drafts the Strategic Planning and Programming Document for the area of reference;
Administrative and financial management
- Responsible, in liaison with other Coopi staff, for both forecast and actual budget analyses and financial and economic trends in the countries under his/her responsibility;
- Makes sure that projects comply with Coopi procedures and the rules specified by the Funders, together with the organizational units under his/her responsibility and the Country Coordinators;
Institutional communication and Fundraising
- In coordination with the offices of competence of headquarters, coordinates the visibility and communication activities of the organization in the geographical area of its competence;
- Any other tasks necessary for the successful and timely implementation of the project, in coordination with the CEO.
- University degree, or other relevant academic backgrounds with a particular focus on International Relations, Cooperation and Development, Humanitarian Management and Emergency;
- At least 10 years of working experience, as Head of Mission / Coordinator and Programs manager;
- Previous experience in HR Management;
- Excellent knowledge and use of the English and Italian languages, both written and spoken;
- Previous experiences in project writing and management;
- Good report writing skills;
- Good administrative skills.
- Proactive attitude in terms of planning and coordination with different bodies, Institutions and local authorities;
- Excellent leadership skills, aimed at managing and motivating a multicultural team;
- Positive ability to bear stressful and complicated situations;
- Diplomatic and confidentiality skills;
- Target oriented and problem solving aptitude;
- Stress management.
- Previous experience in COOPI overseas;
- Previous experience in Eastern Africa Countries.
We reserve the right to close the vacancy prior to the application closing date, once a sufficient number of applications have been received.
Please note that only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Interviews will be conducted on rolling basis and the vacancy will be closed when filled, thanks for understanding.
COOPI Cooperazione Internazionale is an Italian secular and independent humanitarian organisation fighting against all forms of poverty to improve the world. Founded in 1965, today COOPI is present in 33 countries in Africa, Latin America and the Caribbean and the Middle East, with both emergency and development projects carried out by expatriate staff – an average of over 270 people per year – and national staff. The main institutional funders are the European Union – ECHO and INTPA – USAID, UN agencies, the Italian Government, local authorities and other European Governments.