05-04-2016 | di COOPI
CDN Intensive Program 2016
Apply now! Subscriptions till 11th April.
In collaboration with COOPI, the Cooperation and Development Network (CDN) gives green light to the Intensive Program 2016 , a 5 day crash-course focusing on Sustainability taking place from 18 to 22 April at the IUSS Institute, Broletto Palace, in Piazza della Vittoria — Pavia.
The CDN, in partnership with the Comitato Internazionale per lo Sviluppo dei Popoli (CISP) and Volontariato Internazionale per lo Sviluppo (VIS), opens to industry professionals, researchers and project managers a series of lectures entitled “SDGS AND THE AGE OF SUSTAINABILITY: READY FOR A RESET?” targeted at shading light to the new nature of the development cooperation.
Drawing from an analysis of the latest emerging economic scenarios -i.e. Migration and Diasporas, Climate change, Human rights, Food security, SDGs and Innovative finance— lectures, comprising of exercises and simulations, aims at inquiring into the theoretical and political implications of the global economic panorama in the light of the new challenges -social inclusion, aid effectiveness, role of civil society and accountability— addressed to the New Development Cooperation.
The course will be totally held in English, and it will be open to a maximum of 10 participants, who will be given an attendance certificate issued by the IUSS. Additionally, participants can obtain 3 Credits ECTS after passing a written test.
- Maria Sassi: Professor in Management of the Agibusiness System at the University of Pavia;
- Francesco Rampa: Programme Manager Food Security at the European Centre for Development Policy Management (ECDPM);
- Giovanni Vaggi: Professor in Development Economics at the University of Pavia and CDN Director;
- Paolo Dieci: CISP President;
- Fabio Malanchini: Managing Director Impact Finance Management S.A;
- Grammenos Mastrojeni: Counsellor of Embassy at the Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Cooperation;
- Rolf Traeger: Chief of the Least Developed Countries (LDC) Section at UNCTAD;
- Maura Viezzoli: Head of Higher education and liaison with private donors at CISP.
To apply for the Intensive Program 2016, please send an e-mail by April 11 along with a short CV to the CDN Secretariat: firstname.lastname@example.org, stating in the object “APPLICATION FOR INTENSE PROGRAM 2016”.
Subscription Fee: 300,00 euros. Special discounts are set for institutions partners of CDN, students enrolled at IUSS or Unviversity of Pavia, as well as professionals working in NGOs.
For further information: CDN Secretary +39 0382 375837; CDN Website: www.cdnpavia.net.