05-04-2016 | di COOPI
CDN Intensive Program 2016
Apply now! Subscriptions till 11th April.
In collaboration with COOPI, the Cooperation and Development Network (CDN) gives green light to the Intensive Program 2016 , a 5 day crash-course focusing on Sustainability taking place from 18 to 22 April at the IUSS Institute, Broletto Palace, in Piazza della Vittoria - Pavia.
The CDN, in partnership with the Comitato Internazionale per lo Sviluppo dei Popoli (CISP) and Volontariato Internazionale per lo Sviluppo (VIS), opens to industry professionals, researchers and project managers a series of lectures entitled "SDGS AND THE AGE OF SUSTAINABILITY: READY FOR A RESET?" targeted at shading light to the new nature of the development cooperation.
Drawing from an analysis of the latest emerging economic scenarios -i.e. Migration and Diasporas, Climate change, Human rights, Food security, SDGs and Innovative finance - lectures, comprising of exercises and simulations, aims at inquiring into the theoretical and political implications of the global economic panorama in the light of the new challenges -social inclusion, aid effectiveness, role of civil society and accountability - addressed to the New Development Cooperation.
The course will be totally held in English, and it will be open to a maximum of 10 participants, who will be given an attendance certificate issued by the IUSS. Additionally, participants can obtain 3 Credits ECTS after passing a written test.
- Maria Sassi: Professor in Management of the Agibusiness System at the University of Pavia;
- Francesco Rampa: Programme Manager Food Security at the European Centre for Development Policy Management (ECDPM);
- Giovanni Vaggi: Professor in Development Economics at the University of Pavia and CDN Director;
- Paolo Dieci: CISP President;
- Fabio Malanchini: Managing Director Impact Finance Management S.A;
- Grammenos Mastrojeni: Counsellor of Embassy at the Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Cooperation;
- Rolf Traeger: Chief of the Least Developed Countries (LDC) Section at UNCTAD;
- Maura Viezzoli: Head of Higher education and liaison with private donors at CISP.
To apply for the Intensive Program 2016, please send an e-mail by April 11 along with a short CV to the CDN Secretariat: firstname.lastname@example.org, stating in the object "APPLICATION FOR INTENSE PROGRAM 2016".
Subscription Fee: 300,00 euros. Special discounts are set for institutions partners of CDN, students enrolled at IUSS or Unviversity of Pavia, as well as professionals working in NGOs.
For further information: CDN Secretary +39 0382 375837; CDN Website: www.cdnpavia.net.