COOPI is looking for a Project Manager - Child Protection Expert in Jordan
COOPI has been registered in Jordan since 2017, implementing projects in protection, education and livelihood. COOPI assists both the Syrian population and host community in responding to the effects of the Syrian crisis. COOPI is currently implementing child protection and livelihood project project funded by EU and AICS and is looking for a new Project Manager - Child Protection Expert for the next Education&Protection project funded by the Italian Cooperation Agency.
Description of the role
Project Manager - Child Protection Expert will have direct responsibility for the coordination and implementation of the AICS project (Education&Child Protection). S/he is responsible for project execution, in technical, economic/financial terms, in terms of management of field resources, and in terms of internal and external reporting in accordance with COOPI and donor procedures. Ensures the achievement of the expected results in the management of the budget, including the part of the activity/budget allocated to partners. The PM - Child Protection Expert under the supervision of HoM will coordinate activities and reporting with the leading agency of project consortia.
- Coordination: Responsible for the achievement of the project results and objectives and the respect of the procedures foreseen in the signed funding contract, both for COOPI and the project partners: coordination, management, execution and monitoring of the project, at all stages of planning and implementation according to the approved annual operational plans;
- Planning and management of activities: in collaboration with project staff, plans and monitors the progress of activities, in accordance with the contract signed with the donor and the procedures of COOPI and the donor;
- Administrative and financial management: In cooperation with the project administrator/administrative coordinator, plans all expenditures. Regularly checks all expenses incurred. Supervises the accounting and cash/bank account management of the project using the tools provided by the organisation. In cooperation with the project administrator and in coordination with the administrative coordinator, prepares the purchasing plan. Ensures compliance with the organisation's and the donor's procedures when purchasing goods and services;
- Reporting: in coordination with the Head of Mission and the Administrative Coordinator, ensures the preparation, in respect of the deadlines, of all the financial and narrative reports - interim and final - foreseen by the project. It is responsible, together with the project administrator, for collecting and verifying the financial reports of the project partners. Is responsible for the preparation of all formal communications and contract amendment requests (e.g. budget amendment) of the projects s/he manages;
- Staff management: In coordination with the Head of Mission and in compliance with the rules/laws of the country and the COOPI country regulations, he/she is responsible to supervise the local staff to be employed in the project. Using the tools of the organisation, he/she evaluates the local staff employed in the projects and participates in the evaluation at the request of his/her direct superior. He/she coordinates and supervises the work done by all project staff in accordance with the organisation's safety procedures. He/she is responsible for the initial and continuous training of local staff under his/her responsibility;
- Assets management: is responsible for the proper management of all assets purchased for the project. For all goods purchased by the project updates the inventory, in collaboration with the Logistician and the Project Administrator;
- Institutional Relations: regarding the project for which it is responsible, it communicates with donor representatives, local authorities involved in project aspects, project partners and beneficiaries, in accordance with the organisation's guidelines.S/he is responsible to participate and update the cluster (UNHCR) regarding the projects under her/his supervision;
- New project drafting: upon request of his/her direct superior and in cooperation with the project staff, drafts, writes and prepares all the documents necessary to submit new projects, in accordance with the organisation's processes and procedures.
- Higher education (bachelor's or master's degree) or equivalent mix of experience and training in the humanitarian, development cooperation, international relations, or technical field of project implementation;
- At least 3 years of project management experience with demonstrable results;
- Proven experience in the management and development of Protection projects (case management, especially child protection case management, PSS and mental health);
- Solid knowledge of international donor reporting procedures/requirements, particularly AICS;
- Strong analytical and practical problem-solving skills;
- Strong supervisory skills and demonstrated ability to work in teams and coordinate with relevant stakeholders;
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills;
- Ability to organize work efficiently and deliver assignments in a timely manner, often under time constraints;
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Italian;
- High proficiency in the use of standard office software applications (e.g., Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Previous experience working in a consortium (preferred);
- Experience and knowledge of Education projects;
- Experience in using the CPIMS+ platform;
- Experience in Cash and Voucher transfer projects;
- Knowledge of the Arabic language;
- Previous experience in the Middle East and/or in conflict/post-conflict settings.
We reserve the right to close the vacancy prior to the application closing date, once a sufficient number of applications have been received.
Please note that only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Interviews will be conducted on rolling basis and the vacancy will be closed when filled, thanks for understanding.
Cooperazione Internazionale (COOPI) is an Italian humanitarian non-governmental organization founded in Milan in 1965. For more than 50 years of long-term support and constant presence in the field, COOPI has been engaged in breaking the cycle of poverty and responding to specific emergencies in numerous sectors, including Food Security, Humanitarian Aid, Health, Socio-Economical Services, Water and Sanitation, Human Rights, Education and Training, Migrations and Sustainable Energy.